For the first time ever in my life, I have gone skiing. Todd and I have always talked about doing it ever since we got married, but something always came up so that we couldn't go. At the beginning of the season we thought that once again it wasn't going to work out, but circumstances changed and we were able to do it.
Salt Lake County has a winter wellness program that offers night skiing at Brighton Ski Resort for a very reasonable price. Luckily they offer lessons, otherwise I would never have gone back. After the first time, I wasn't sure that I would ever want to try this again. But I couldn't let the mountain beat me and I needed to do it for Todd. He has been so great in the last little while, that doing something like this wasn't very big.
The second time on the slopes went much better and I did a lot better during the lesson. The third time I was able to handle the speed and not get really freaked out. Now if I could just ignore the skiers and snowboarders coming down the hill behind me. I must say that even though Todd will always be faster on the slopes than me and be able to do a lot more runs, it has been great having these evening every other week to spend time with him. We have the car ride up and back and then usually stop in for dinner somewhere. Having this time together has been needed and helpful with all the unexpected things that come into our life in the last few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment