Thursday, June 2, 2011

Teacher Gifts

Once again it was time to get the end of year gifts ready...here is what we came up with.  Todd choose the color combination and I did the rest.

Elizabeth's teacher, Ms. Aikens, has a very vibrant personality...this one worked great and I was surprised to find out that magenta is her favorite color.






  I think that it turned out pretty cute.






Austin's teacher, Ms. Moore, was so good at getting the kids to strive and achieve more...This one just seemed to match her perfectly.




Austin choose the colors for the daisies.





Geoffrey's teacher, Ms. Hamilton was a great teacher, unfortunaly she left in March for an operation and treatment for cancer.  She was unable to make it back to school and that was very hard for her.  I struggled with this one, knowing that there was a likelihood that she would never use it, but went ahead anyways.  Before we left on vacation Geoffrey was able to go to her house and visit with her.  He gave her the apron, which she just loved, and she was able to talk with him about how much she had enjoyed having him in her class and that she expected great things out of him.  She passed away on June 14, 2011.  She was a great teacher and an inspiration.  When I told Geoffrey that she had passed away and then asked him how he felt, he said that he was sad that she had died.
.

No comments: